Monday, April 6, 2009

Breakfast Time!



Hey there. Long time no post. I just got home from school after watching Villanova succumb to UNC in the NCAA Final Four. Can't say I was too happy about it. To comfort myself (and appease my stomach) I made myself a hearty breakfast.

  • First I put a little bit of extra virgin olive oil, about 2 tablespoons, in a frying pan to heat up (about medium-high on the stove) to start the potatoes (I use Ore-Ida® Southern Style Hash Browns).
  • Next I added about a little more then a handful of the potatoes. Since the potatoes are unseasoned, while they were frying I sprinkled on salt, pepper, garlic powder, a pinch of curry powder and a pinch of chili powder.
  • Once they were done, (about 3 minutes), I took them out of the pan and onto a paper towel to de-grease them.
  • While they were de-greasing I added my egg to the frying pan that I had just cooked my potatoes in and lowered the heat to about a medium-low temperature
  • I then transfered them onto a plate and added some shredded cheddar cheese and popped them into the micro for 30 seconds so that the cheese could melt.
  • After the cheese was all melty I took the plate out of the micro and put it on top of the frying pan that my egg was in to expedite the cooking time and keep the potatoes warm.
  • While this happend I sliced my mini-bagel in half, toasted, and then buttered it.
  • Then after everything was finished splashed a little bit of hot sauce on and... devoured it

No comments:

Post a Comment